Recipe by Kelly M.
These beans are very good and so easy. Slightly sweet with a hint of mustard. You can use butter or oil in place of bacon fat, but the bacon fat really makes it tasty.
Top Review by Susie D
This made a nice change from the regular way I prepare green beans. I had whole frozen green beans on hand and used those after thawing them. They worked out fine. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon bacon fat
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam or boil green beans until just underdone to your liking (I make mine crisp-tender).
- In a medium skillet, heat bacon fat over medium high heat.
- You only want the fat to coat the bottom of the pan, the beans should not be swimming in it.
- Add beans and saute, stirring to coat with bacon fat, about 2 minutes, until beans start to sizzle.
- Sprinkle with sugar and stir to coat, about 1 minute.
- Lower heat and add mustard and worcestershire sauce, stirring well, and saute for another 2 minutes or so.
- Serve hot.