Recipe by sbera007
This is a very easy dish I made by throwing together ingredients I had lying around the house. It can be jazzed up by replacing the cheddar with pepper jack cheese. I also like to boil pickled jalepenos with my potatoes to infuse them with spice. This makes a great side dish or make it a meal by adding ground turkey or chicken.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I like unpeeled potatoes whenever possible, so used new potatoes here, as well as about 1 1/2 pounds of fresh green beans! I steamed the beans & potatoes until almost done, then went on to step 4! This very tasty side casserole was enough for 2 of us for three meals! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 5 -6 medium potatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- Boil potatoes until not quite done (about 8 minutes).
- In a round casserole dish, combine cream of chicken soup and milk.
- Stir with fork until a soup-like consistency.
- Fold in green beans, Cheddar cheese, Velveeta cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes.
- Fold potatoes into the casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are done to desired tenderness.