This is a very easy dish I made by throwing together ingredients I had lying around the house. It can be jazzed up by replacing the cheddar with pepper jack cheese. I also like to boil pickled jalepenos with my potatoes to infuse them with spice. This makes a great side dish or make it a meal by adding ground turkey or chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- Boil potatoes until not quite done (about 8 minutes).
- In a round casserole dish, combine cream of chicken soup and milk.
- Stir with fork until a soup-like consistency.
- Fold in green beans, Cheddar cheese, Velveeta cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes.
- Fold potatoes into the casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are done to desired tenderness.
I like unpeeled potatoes whenever possible, so used new potatoes here, as well as about 1 1/2 pounds of fresh green beans! I steamed the beans & potatoes until almost done, then went on to step 4! This very tasty side casserole was enough for 2 of us for three meals! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
Very Good. I used red new potatoes because that's what I had on hand. I cooked them in the micro-wave 8 min. then quartered them. My picky eater (DH) said he really liked the dish. I will be makeing this again for him.
I really liked this dish!! I used fresh green beans and next time will boil or steam them a little first so they are less crunchy. I cut the recipe in half since it is just DH and I that ate it. Was very creamy with the soup and cheeses. Will make again sine it was fairly quick and really easy. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.