Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a quick and easy version of the holiday favorite. Once you've mastered the basic casserole get creative. The main ingredient can change to broccoli & rice or summer squash & veggies. You can experiment with different cheeses and mix it up with topping variations.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) packageof grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 1 (6 ounce) container French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine green beans, cheddar cheese, egg, cream of mushroom soup, and a handful of French fried onions.
- Place mixture in a 9X13 casserole dish and bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining French fried onions.
- Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes depending on how crisp you like your onions.
Have used this recipe a couple of times. Very tasty, enjoyed by young and old alike. A keeper for sure!
I used one 16 ounce bag of frozen green beans to make this. I cut back on the cheese as I thought 1 pound would be to much. I used about 4 cups of grated cheese and still it was more cheesy then I'd like. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game