Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a community cookbook submitted my Marlene Gabriele.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs fresh string beans, same as green beans, trimmed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped, can use 2 tbsp. dry dillweed
- Saute onion in oil until golden.
- Add beans, tomato paste, water and dill.
- Simmer, stirring often, until beans are tender but not over-cooked. Be careful to stir gently to avoid beaking beans.
I won't assign stars, since I tried to use much less oil to save on the calories. I added about a cup of water since I didn't use as much oil, but the beans ended up burning along the bottom of the pan before getting done. My fault I'm sure for not using the prescribed amount of oil. Review posted just in case anyone else thinks about trying the same thing.