Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
If you love spinach and feta then you will really enjoy this! it's easy to make just mix all ingredients together spread on bread and brown...SO DELICIOUS! Make certain to hand-squeeze your spinach very dry. One package of spinch may be use instead of two for a milder taste. Easy on the garlic, use a small amount only for this, my family loves garlic but too much will overpowrer this melt! If you are oven-broiling your melt you might want to toast the bread firstly in a toaster.
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach (hand-squeezed dry)
- 1 small onion (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 small firm plum tomatoes, finely chopped (hand-squeeze out some of the moisture in the tomatoes)
- black pepper
- salt (optional)
- 1 loaf French bread (sliced fairly thick)
- Mix the all ingredients ingredients together except the bread.
- Spoon genorous portions on the slice of bread.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet.
- Place under the oven broiler and broil until browned and hot, or place in a toaster oven.
I used some fresh spinach that I cooked down and one frozen pkg. Very yummy!
Oh, Kitten........So delicious! So Easy! So wanta-hav 'em-again! Doesn't get better than that!
This was so tasty and SO easy! I know this would make an awesome appetizer but we actually spread it on bigger slices of bread and had it for dinner. I used both packages of spinach and just one clove of garlic. We are garlic lovers too but one clove was just right. We broiled it without toasting the bread first and it came out nice and crisp. If I did this again as a meal, I'd probably cut down on the mayo/sour cream a bit to make it less creamy, but for an appetizer this is perfect. Thanks for an easy recipe!