Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very simple vegetable pasta dish that is sweet and spicy at the same time. Great as a main meal or a side dish served with steak and crusty bread. A family favourite!!
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 (800 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (500 g) packet spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- Cook onions in oil until transparent.
- Add vinegar and simmer gently for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix.
- Bring to the boil and let simmer gently until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Cook spaghetti (or pasta) as per instructions on packet. Drain.
- Stir tomato mixture through cooked and drained spaghetti.