Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
These soft, lemony potatoes are absolutely delectable. I love this dish and these can be served as a side dish with any meat. I prefer the flavour of dried Greek oregano but other varieties can be used. This is a Christine Cushing recipe. What an easy recipe! Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dried greek oregano
- 4 small russet potatoes, peeled, cut in half
- coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, water, and oregano in a small bowl to blend.
- Toss potatoes with vinaigrette in a small roasting pan.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Cover pan with foil and roast potatoes until tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 45 minutes.
- Using metal spatula, loosen potatoes from baking sheet to prevent sticking.
These were good but needed more seasoning IMO. My potatoes took longer than stated but we weren't in a hurry for dinner. Made for ZWT9 Gourment Goddessess July 2013
These came out great! Soft and fluffy inside and crisp outside. They just needed a squirt of lemon juice after they were done.
These potatoes were really good but just as other reviewers stated, they needed more lemon. My potatoes took quite a bit longer to cook, as well. Made for Soup-A-Stars ZWT9