Recipe by nomnom
I've been on a real Greek kick lately. Then again, I've got a LOT of ingredient leftovers, so what choice DO I have but to be a little inventive. I've had this salad 3 days in a row and NEVER tire of it. I LOVE it! Hope you will to! :) And it's so simple! Have yet to try it with the olives, but I'm certain it would be divine!
Top Review by flower7
This is excellent! I made a couple slight changes, to use what I had on hand. Spinach instead of lettuce (and only about 2 cups total), shredded carrot, lime juice not lemon, and slightly more feta (needed to use it up). I also added a drizzle of olive oil. I very much enjoyed this with some onion crackers for an extremely filling dinner salad. Thanks for the recipe!
- 3 -4 cups salad greens (spring mix, European, exotic, romaine, etc)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 6 grape tomatoes, chopped
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 pickling cucumber, chopped (pickling, the type you keep the crunchy skin on)
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 ounce fat free feta cheese, crumbled (President)
- italian seasoning
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- sliced black olives (Kalamata, to be authentic)