Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A greek recipe posted for ZWT - Greece Taken on Myrecipes.com The cooking time is the refrigeration time.
- 0.5 (32 ounce) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- pita chips
- Line a fine wire-mesh strainer with a coffee filter. Place strainer over a bowl. Spoon yogurt into strainer. Let stand 15 minutes. Spoon yogurt into a medium bowl, and discard strained liquid.
- Pat bell peppers dry with paper towels. Stir peppers, feta cheese, chopped fresh dill, Greek seasoning, and garlic into yogurt. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days. Serve with pita chips.
I used sour cream instead of yogurt and used dried dill. I put it all in the food processor and didn't dry the red peppers well enough so I think that was why it was a bit runny. I will make this again, the red pepper, feta, dill and garlic were great together.
Excellent dip and very popular with my work mates. Australia doesn't sell an all-purpose Greek seasoning, so I replaced it with a lemon-pepper mix and some oregano. I used 2 teaspoons of dried dill and that worked fine. Thanks for posting.
I already knew that yogurt,dill and garlic is a great combo so I really enjoyed this. I used frozen dill and it worked out fine.Thanks for sharing.