Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is an easy recipe that produces a large amount of wonderful rich gravy, for even more flavor you may use chicken broth mixed with turkey drippings to equal 5 cups, if you are using both then omit the bouillon powder --- also see my Kittencal's Easy No-Fail Make Anytime Turkey Gravy
- 5 cups chicken broth (or use turkey drippings mixed with broth to equal 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder (or to taste, I use 1-2 small packages OXO chicken bouillon powder, OMIT if using broth and pan dripp)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium heavy saucepan bring the chicken broth (or the broth and turkey drippings) to a boil.
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup, chicken bouillon powder (omit the bouillon powder if using pan drippings) poultry seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Warm the milk in the microwave then whisk in the flour to the warmed milk until smooth and completely combined (make sure no lumps are in the mixture).
- Add in the flour/milk mixture to the simmering broth whisking constantly (make sure that the broth is at a simmer when adding in).
- Cook for 1 minute whisking constantly or until thickened (MAKE CERTAIN that the bottom of the saucepan does not scorch!).
- Season with seasoned salt or white salt to taste.