Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy recipe that produces a large amount of wonderful rich gravy, for even more flavor you may use chicken broth mixed with turkey drippings to equal 5 cups, if you are using both then omit the bouillon powder --- also see my Kittencal's Easy No-Fail Make Anytime Turkey Gravy
- 5 cups chicken broth (or use turkey drippings mixed with broth to equal 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder (or to taste, I use 1-2 small packages OXO chicken bouillon powder, OMIT if using broth and pan dripp)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- salt (to taste)
- In a medium heavy saucepan bring the chicken broth (or the broth and turkey drippings) to a boil.
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup, chicken bouillon powder (omit the bouillon powder if using pan drippings) poultry seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Warm the milk in the microwave then whisk in the flour to the warmed milk until smooth and completely combined (make sure no lumps are in the mixture).
- Add in the flour/milk mixture to the simmering broth whisking constantly (make sure that the broth is at a simmer when adding in).
- Cook for 1 minute whisking constantly or until thickened (MAKE CERTAIN that the bottom of the saucepan does not scorch!).
- Season with seasoned salt or white salt to taste.
Made this for Thanksgiving 2007. Used Kitchen Basics chicken stock and Better Than Bouillon turkey base. This made very good gravy. Will make again for sure.