Recipe by Vegan Thanksgiving!
This is our go-to gravy recipe, which was adapted from Nava Atlas' book, Vegan Express. It is fat-free.
- 236.59 ml vegetable broth (Kitchen Basics brand unsalted)
- 14.79 ml Braggs liquid aminos
- 29.58 ml cornstarch (if scaling recipe, use 1/2 tablespoon mixed in a little water, for every cup of additional broth use)
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 44.37 ml nutritional yeast flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the broth and Bragg's in a small saucepan.
- In a small container, combine the cornstarch with just enough water to dissolve.
- When the broth mixture is at a steady simmer, slowly add the cornstarch mixture, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the basil and yeast flakes.