Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
Easy gravy without pan drippings.
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Melt margarine in pan.
- Add flour and stir until slightly lighter than peanut butter in color.
- Pour in broth and whisk.
- Add soup and stir.
- add Worcestershire to taste.
- Can be seasoned depending on what you are serving it with.
Worked out well as a last minute holiday gravy. I didn't have worchestire sauce but added a touch of soy and various seasonings.
I'd never thought to use soup for gravy, but it worked great! Loved the addition of Worcestershire, added a great tang! Definitely a great recipe when you need gravy in minutes!
This is a great way to dress up Ikea meatballs and have a quick weeknight meal.
My family loves it!
Thanks for posting.