Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Leave out the preservative and give your little one something simply good for them. I like to sneak in the grated carrot just to get another vegie into the mix but it's not necessary
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups granola cereal (bought or homemade)
- 1 carrot, grated (optional)
- Butter a 9" square pan.
- In a 3 qt saucepan boil corn syrup for 1 minute only, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Stir in granola and grated carrot if using.
- Work fast as it hardens quickly.
- Transfer to pan.
- Spread and pat in place with a spoon or dampened spatula.
- Cool for an hour before cutting into bars.
I used granola cereal with raisins and almonds in it along with some crushed chex cereal I needed to use up. These were very gooey and fell apart even after a few hours. They tasted good, but had too much PB. Next time I will use less PB and less syrup. Thanks for the simple recipe!
Very, very peanut-buttery. Still, makes for a quick snack that's probably healthier than store bought options. I make my own granola, leave out the carrot and substitute brown rice syrup for the corn syrup (corn syrup is a dirty word these days). Biggest plus here is that these literally take 2 minutes to make. I can press it into a baking dish to cool overnight and it's ready to cut in the morning.
Easy, cheap and good! I subbed 1 cup of krispy rice cereal and 2 cups granola, to make them lighter. these actually made 16 bars -- BONUS! #1 did not like the raisins in the granola, but the rest of us loved these.