Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Leave out the preservative and give your little one something simply good for them. I like to sneak in the grated carrot just to get another vegie into the mix but it's not necessary
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups granola cereal (bought or homemade)
- 1 carrot, grated (optional)
- Butter a 9" square pan.
- In a 3 qt saucepan boil corn syrup for 1 minute only, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Stir in granola and grated carrot if using.
- Work fast as it hardens quickly.
- Transfer to pan.
- Spread and pat in place with a spoon or dampened spatula.
- Cool for an hour before cutting into bars.
These came together really quick and the kids loved them! I used Honey Granola for my cereal and omitted the carrot. I lined my pan with foil and then buttered that. That way, when it was time to cut them, I could just lift the foil out of the pan and cut the bars on a cutting board. Thanks for sharing!
Very yummy. I didn't use carrot but added handful of home roasted slivered almonds and pecan chips.
I used granola cereal with raisins and almonds in it along with some crushed chex cereal I needed to use up. These were very gooey and fell apart even after a few hours. They tasted good, but had too much PB. Next time I will use less PB and less syrup. Thanks for the simple recipe!