Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My friends mom gave us this recipe for Granola Bars and everytime I make them, I can hardly wait to eat them....So much so, that they are rarely shared with many people! Enjoy!
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet lined with tin foil or parchment paper. Grease lightly with margarine.
- Combine oats, peanuts or almonds, sunflower seeds, shredded coconut and chocolate chips in a bowl. Mix together.
- Melt butter in the microwave and pour into the dry mixture - stir until coated. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix.
- Spread mixture evenly on the cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes and then flip over onto a clean surface. Peel back the tinfoil. When almost completely cooled, cut into pieces - will tend to crumble a little.