Recipe by babygirl65
This is an easy Grand Marnier sauce with strawberries. You can use this sauce for vanilla ice cream, sponge cake, pound cake or whatever kind of cake you like....
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled and halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, water and lemon juice in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until mixture becomes slightly syrupy.
- Remove from heat, stir in Grand Marnier and strawberries.
- Serve warm.
- My favorite is with pound cake and vanilla ice cream.