Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Perfect grain-free bread to enjoy daily! Makes terrific french toast!
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup sorghum flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, heaping
- 1 egg
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Mix both.
- Bake immediately at 375 in a loaf pan for 25-30 minutes.
- Check at 20 minutes, if already brown on top then cover with foil the last 5-10 minutes.
- This size loaf lasts me (one person) a week which is perfect because after that it starts to get moldy.
- I use this bread for everything - sandwiches, to make french toast, to make stuffing, to eat as a snack, etc.
- You can always substitute 1 1/2 cups of your favorite all-purpose grain free flour.
- You can adapt this into cornbread, instead of 3/4 cup rice flour just use 3/4 cup corn meal.
Followed the directions ,as I didnt have Rice wine vinegar ,I used Apple cider vinegar .
I expected it to rise and come out like a loaf , but it remained flat !
It tastes delicious and would like to try again , if any one can help by telling me what I did wrong or another recipe .