Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Great for left-over turkey. It is also great for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Prefrozen dough makes this a snap.
- 12 rhodes texas frozen dough rolls, thawed but still cold
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 lb cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 whole sage leaf
- In a skillet melt butter. Sauté onions and mushrooms and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine uncooked sausage, sage, marjoram, allspice and egg yolk. Mix well. Add turkey and the onion mixture.
- Combine two rolls and flatten into an 8-inch circle, prepare 6 circles.
- Divide turkey mixture evenly between the circles.
- Fold dough over filling and pinch ends together. Place pinched-side down on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush with beaten egg white. Place 3 whole sage leaves on top, if desired, and brush again.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.