Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Gourmet comfort food. Super yummy, impressive enough to serve guests, uniquely decadent. This is not your average macaroni and cheese. Perfect along side simply prepared chicken or chops.
- Heat 8 cups water to boil for noodles. When water boils, add noodles and cook about 1 minute less than package directs. Drain.
- Put oil and onion into saucepan. Stir to coat onion with oil. Add water, cover and sweat the onions over medium-low heat until they wilt and become sweet. Stir occasionally. Do not allow onions to brown.
- Fry bacon in large deep pot over medium heat until golden. Spoon onto papter towels to drain. Set aside.
- Drain the bacon fat from the pot, but do not wash.
- Add milk to bacon cooking pot and heat to simmer.
- Add cheese spread and whisk until cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
- Add mozzarella. Stir in figure 8 pattern (keeps it from balling up on the spoon) until cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
- Add onions to cheese mixture and stir gently.
- Add noodles and turn until well coated.
- Pour into serving dish.
- Top with bacon and serve.