Deb Wolf's Note:
Gourmet comfort food. Super yummy, impressive enough to serve guests, uniquely decadent. This is not your average macaroni and cheese. Perfect along side simply prepared chicken or chops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 8 cups water to boil for noodles. When water boils, add noodles and cook about 1 minute less than package directs. Drain.
- 2Put oil and onion into saucepan. Stir to coat onion with oil. Add water, cover and sweat the onions over medium-low heat until they wilt and become sweet. Stir occasionally. Do not allow onions to brown.
- 3Fry bacon in large deep pot over medium heat until golden. Spoon onto papter towels to drain. Set aside.
- 4Drain the bacon fat from the pot, but do not wash.
- 5Add milk to bacon cooking pot and heat to simmer.
- 6Add cheese spread and whisk until cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
- 7Add mozzarella. Stir in figure 8 pattern (keeps it from balling up on the spoon) until cheese melts and mixture is smooth.
- 8Add onions to cheese mixture and stir gently.
- 9Add noodles and turn until well coated.
- 10Pour into serving dish.
- 11Top with bacon and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Gourmet Swiss Mac N' Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.2
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.7 mg
- Sodium 1053.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 24.7 g