Treat your guests to exotic sweet scallops and succulent shrimp in this upscale yet easy stir-fry. Cooking time can be different so cook between 7 and 15 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked, medium
- 1/2 lb sea scallops, large
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large yellow pepper
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1If using frozen shrimp, do not thaw.
- 2Place in a sieve and rinse under cold running water until ice crystals melt.
- 3Pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Remove tiny tough muscle from sides of scallops, if necessary.
- 5Pat scallops dry with paper towels, then place on new paper towels to absorb any excess moisture while preparing remaining ingredients.
- 6In a small bowl, stir sherry with water, teriyaki, sugar, garlic, ginger and chili flakes, if using.
- 7Core and seed peppers, then slice into 1/2-inch wide bite-size strips.
- 8Thinly slice green onions and set aside.
- 9Place scallops in a bowl.
- 10Then lightly sprinkle with cornstarch.
- 11Stir until evenly coated.
- 12Heat oil in a large, wide frying pan, preferably non-stick, set over high heat.
- 13Add coated scallops to hot pan, shaking off excess cornstarch.
- 14Cook until golden, from 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- 15Add shrimp to pan.
- 16If using uncooked shrimp, stir-fry 2 minutes.
- 17If using cooked shrimp, stir-fry 30 seconds whether fresh or frozen.
- 18Immediately add pepper strips.
- 19Then stir in sherry mixture.
- 20Stir frequently until shrimp are hot and bright coral and peppers are tender-crisp, from 4 to 6 more minutes.
- 21Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onions.
- 22Wonderful served over steamed rice or noodles and drizzled with pan sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Gourmet Scallops and Shrimps
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.5
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 239.6 mg
- Sodium 1042.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 35.5 g