3 hrs 15 mins
I was going through all of my recipes, trying to decide which one to use to serve a crowd of people the next day. I finally could not decide between 3 recipes, so I combined the best features from each and came up with this. It was so easy to make and everyone said it was delicious. I am rewriting it here while it is fresh in my mind. Plus I will have it for future reference. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 large orange peppers, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 25 chicken pieces (I used breast tenders)
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, family size
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, family size
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 1/2-2 cups white wine (not sweet)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1Grease either two 13x 9 pans or one large half sheet cake pan.
- 2Arrange chicken tenders in pan(s).
- 3Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 4Heat oil in large skillet.
- 5Saute onions and peppers till soft.
- 6Add garlic to skillet about halfway through to let flavors blend.
- 7Arrange over chicken.
- 8Combine soups, wine, lemon juice and spices.
- 9Pour over chicken.
- 10Cover and bake for 3 hours.
- 11Serve over rice or noodles. I Served it with sticky rice and a salad.
- 12The 'gravy' came out perfect consistency for me, but it could be thickened with a cornstarch paste or thinned by adding chicken broth.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Gourmet Chicken for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.7
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 500.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: