1/1 Photo of Easy Goulash Skillet
Tee Lee's Note:
This hearty, healthy meal is quick to make with items on hand. Ground beef is cooked in a tomato sauce with kidney beans and vegetables, then mixed with macaroni. Any vegetable can be used for the corn and celery, depending on your preferences.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces whole wheat macaroni (or other small pasta like bowtie or rotini)
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Cook pasta according to directions on package, reserving a little bit of pasta water.
- 2Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add ground beef and cook about 5 minutes, until meat is not quite cooked through.
- 3Add onion and garlic, and saute about 2 minutes.
- 4Add celery, corn and kidney beans, cook about 2 minutes, or until corn is thawed.
- 5Stir in tomato paste, add diced tomatoes, italian seasoning and paprika.
- 6Reduce heat to low and simmer 5-10 minutes to let flavors combine.
- 7Stir cooked macaroni and reserved pasta water into beef and tomato mixture and serve.
- 8Top with shredded cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Goulash Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 705.8
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 783.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 46.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: