Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom used to make this when I was a kid and we were what you would call poor. My dad doesn't like things spicy so this is super simple, but good!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked (you can use whatever pasta you want)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup (2 if you like)
- Chop onion and mix in with hamburger while you brown it.
- Drain juices off meat and add macaroni.
- Stir in Soup.
- Mom usually served with bread and jam.
Here is another recipe that is fast to make when a person is running short of time. I had a half can of tomato soup left over, so that is all I used plus a can of diced tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of tomato paste. Since this rrecipe is not spicy, it is perfect for he kids. Made for *Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup 2009* game
We used to have exactly this as kids ourselves. My mom was single with 4 kids and had to stretch the budget...LOL... Thanks for posting this recipe, I have been looking for something like it for awhile now. I couldn't remember the exact amounts for the ingredients since it has been awhile since I have had this. Good and inexpensive dish!