Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 32 ounces ground beef
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups macaroni
- Put onion and green pepper in large skillet and cook for a little while over medium high heat, stirring regularly (you don’t want to brown them; basically, you’re just steaming them for a little bit in the moisture that’s contained within the vegetables).
- Add ground beef. Chop the meat into very small pieces so that it blends totally with the vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper and cook until meat is brown.
- Add mushroom soup, diced tomatoes, and tomato juice. Mix everything together.
- Toss in mushrooms.
- Simmer for approximately 45 minutes.
- Serve the goulash over cooked macaroni
- Enjoy with a pan of cornbread!