Recipe by Michelle S.
This is very good. If you cannot find Gouda cheese you can substitute Edam cheese.
Top Review by luvmybge
This is good. I sometimes spread a little Dijon mustard and sprinkle some caraway seeds on top of the cheese before wrapping in the dough. We've even topped the cheese with a large mound of finely chopped pepperoni. Also, if you save some of the dough you can braid it to put on top before baking for a little decoration. I've shaped the spare dough to look like holly leaves during the holidays and rolled a little of the dough into tiny balls for the holly berries. It really does make a nice presentation.
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- 4 ounces round gouda cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Seperate dough into triangles.
- Arrange triangles on a non stick baking sheet with the points toward the center forming a rough circle.
- Press edges together to seal.
- Peel wax from cheese.
- Place cheese in the center of the dough circle.
- Fold dough over cheese and press seams together.
- Completely closing the cheese in.
- Bake 20- 30 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut into 10-12 wedges.