Recipe by Janet V.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. I love this recipe because of the ease of making a flavorful gluten-free pizza . . . from top to bottom. The garlic mashed potatoes enhance the "dough" flavor. I enjoy developing recipes, including gluten-free. I enjoy eating gluten-free at times and have many friends who are totally gluten-free. This is a quick pizza recipe to put together on those occasions. Even non-gluten free eaters love it! This is a recipe so simple and quick, unlike many complicated gluten-free pizza dough recipes. I used brown rice flour in my recipe, but white rice flour can be used also. This pizza crust does not crumble.
- 12 ounces Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups rice flour
- 4 -5 ounces pizza sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella-provolone cheese blend, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes with the rice flour. Let stand 5 minutes while gathering the other ingredients.
- Spread potato/rice flour mix evenly on each 12” round greased pizza pan. Place in fully pre-heated oven for 5 minutes to pre-bake.
- Remove from oven. Then, spread 4 - 5 ounces of sauce on pizza “dough”. Sprinkle most of the finely chopped spinach over sauce saving a little for garnish. Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly. Bake in 400 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes more until crust is browned and crisp and cheese is bubbling. Sprinkle chopped spinach reserve for garnish. Let set about 5 minutes and slice it up and enjoy!