1/2 Photos of Easy Gluten Free Red Velvet Cupcakes
Photo Momma's Note:
I got this recipe from http://www.glutenfreehub.com and wanted to share these wonderful little gems with everyone here! Because they really are a great cupcake, gluten free or not. My GF friend loves them (and so does my picky NON GF husband.) :-) (Note: I was able to find the Betty Crocker GF cake mix at Kroger).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) box betty crocker gluten free yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate-flavored instant pudding mix (Jello brand is gluten free) or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pie filling (Jello brand is gluten free)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (no substitues!)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring (McCormicks and Tones are GF)
- 8 ounces cold cream cheese (Philadelphia is gluten-free)
- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine the first seven ingredients in a large mixing bowl at medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. (The remaining ingredients are for the frosting!).
- 3Once combined, spoon the mixture into muffin pans lined with cupcake liners. Bake for 16 – 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when you stick it in the center.
- 4Let the cupcakes cool in the pans for five minutes, then carefully remove them and place them on cooling racks.
- 5For the Frosting:.
- 6Beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until combined (but do not whip). Add salt.
- 7Gradually add powdered sugar with the mixer on slow until desired sweetness/texture.
- 8These cupcakes should be kept in the refrigerator if they aren’t eaten within 12-24 hours due to the cream cheese frosting!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Gluten Free Red Velvet Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.2
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.3 mg
- Sodium 576.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 53.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g