I modified this from a recipe for pear cobbler my dad found on Cooks.com. I made it sugar-free, gluten-free, and with pineapple, since I have an intolerance to pears. It turned out like a light, fluffy sponge cake--delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup stevia, Truvia blend
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (I used Gluten-Free Pantry's pie crust mix)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons water, approximately
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple rings, drained and chopped into chunks (I used no sugar added)
- 1Melt butter in an 8 x 8 pan or a 9 inch pie dish. You can do this in the oven at a low temperature, or by placing a metal pie pan on an electric stove burner. Make sure the butter doesn't start to bubble.
- 2While the butter is melting, sift together stevia, flour, baking powder, and spices.
- 3Mix together agave nectar, vanilla, and milk in a separate bowl, then add it to the dry mix.
- 4Whisk the batter until smooth, adding the water as necessary to ensure that it has a thick, but pourable consistency.
- 5Pour the batter over the melted butter--Do Not Stir.
- 6Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, scatter chopped pineapple over batter in pan.
- 7Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until edges of cake are a dark brown, and the center is dry on top, but not entirely firm.
- 8Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 9When cool, cut into squares or wedges, depending on type of pan, and serve with dollops of whipped cream.
- 10Feel free to experiment with other kinds of fruit!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Gluten-Free Pineapple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.9
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 294.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: