Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
With the help of a food blender and a microwave, you can make these low fat meatballs in just a few minutes! I usually vary the recipe slightly depending on the mood I'm in, so milk or mustard make great alternatives to egg as the binding agent! The meatballs become more tender if you cook them lightly in sauce once they are ready. This recipe makes 3 good size portions or 4 regular size portions.
- 1 lb minced beef
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 slices fresh gluten free bread
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Peel the onion and garlic and chop them up in the blender.
- Add the bread and parsley to the blender and blend further.
- Add the meat, salt and plenty of black pepper and blend further.
- Add the egg to bind all the ingredients into a sticky paste.
- Roll the meat mix into balls in your hands and place on a plate.
- Cook in microwave on a low setting and covered until cooked (any fat will melt away from the meatballs and stay on the plate).
- Serve with the sauce of your choice!