Recipe by B-Walk
GF isn't hard or expensive - just use what you have on hand! This is an easy weeknight recipe, great for satisfying a comfort food craving.
Top Review by Motheroflittle
We all thought this was as good as any Italian restuarant. I didnt have chex so I used Pamalas GF Pancake Mix and kept everything else as directed. Wonderful flavor and so tender because of pounding the chicken. I served the chicken beside spaghetti and the extra sauce. Super easy and delicious!<br/><br/>Repost 11/2014 Still loving this chicken recipe. I have also used dry potato flakes instead of the Chex for a crispy coating that is gluten free. The flakes work great on fish cakes too.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 cups Chex cereal (make sure you're using rice or corn, GF)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne
- black pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray nonstick 9x13 pan to grease. Chicken breasts should be no more than 1" thick, pound chicken down if needed.
- Combine Chex, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, cayenne, and paprika in food processor. Pulse until you get a fine, even consistency from your coating mixture. Pour into wide, shallow bowl.
- Beat egg with salt and pepper to taste in wide, shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and dredge in coating. Place in pan, and bake for 20 minutes or until coating is set and golden.
- Remove pan with chicken from the oven, and pour sauce over the top of chicken. Top with remaining cheese, cover with foil, and bake for 15-20 minutes more until chicken is done and sauce is heated through.
- Serve with hot cooked GF pasta (Sam Mills is my favorite) or polenta and a green salad.
- ***Allergen modifications: Try using plain yogurt to coat chicken instead of egg if you are allergic to eggs. Leave cheese out of coating mixture and topping if you are dairy free.