Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
GF isn't hard or expensive - just use what you have on hand! This is an easy weeknight recipe, great for satisfying a comfort food craving.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray nonstick 9x13 pan to grease. Chicken breasts should be more more than 1" thick, pound chicken down if needed.
- Combine Chex, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, cayenne, and paprika in food processor. Pulse until you get a fine, even consistency from your coating mixture. Pour into wide, shallow bowl.
- Beat egg with salt and pepper to taste in wide, shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and dredge in coating. Place in pan, and bake for 20 minutes or until coating is set and golden.
- Remove pan with chicken from the oven, and pour sauce over the top of chicken. Top with remaining cheese, cover with foil, and bake for 15-20 minutes more until chicken is done and sauce is heated through.
- Serve with hot cooked GF pasta (Sam Mills is my favorite) or polenta and a green salad.
- ***Allergen modifications: Try using plain yogurt to coat chicken instead of egg if you are allergic to eggs. Leave cheese out of coating mixture and topping if you are dairy free.
We all thought this was as good as any Italian restuarant. I didnt have chex so I used Pamalas GF Pancake Mix and kept everything else as directed. Wonderful flavor and so tender because of pounding the chicken. I served the chicken beside spaghetti and the extra sauce. Super easy and delicious!<br/><br/>Repost 11/2014 Still loving this chicken recipe. I have also used dry potato flakes instead of the Chex for a crispy coating that is gluten free. The flakes work great on fish cakes too.
This recipe is so good and so easy to make. We've had it twice and my teenagers love it as much as regular Chicken Parmesan.
Delicious for anyone, not just gluten free! This is now one of our regular meals. No more stocking of Shake 'N Bake, either! I do not pound the chicken. If the breasts are super big, I cut them into single portions. I also have cooked them even longer after pouring on the spaghetti sauce, depending on what time we are eating. They don't dry out. I use the Tuscan Italian herb mix from Penzeys.com which is very flavorful.