Recipe by Recipewrestler
The secret to these easy jewels is the basting mixture applied just prior to serving. Great garlic flavor too! Found this recipe on the Yankee Harvest website.
Top Review by Tmisen2980
I picked this for one of my recipes in the My Three Chefs challange. My 9 year old daughter made them with very little help from me. They are almost exactly like the ones you get at Red Lobster. The only problem she had with them was that the amount of milk was not enough. We ended up having to add more in order to get it all mixed up. I did find out at the end that I was out of Italian herb seasoning so I just added a couple of dashes of dried basil and oregano to replace it. I will make this again making a note to add more milk.
- 1 cup bisquick biscuit mix
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the first five ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- Evenly space and drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450F, 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For basting mixture: stir herbs into melted butter.
- Brush mixture over warm biscuits before removing from the cooking sheet.
- If doubling recipe, simply double biscuit mix and milk and increase cheese to 3/4 cup.