Recipe by Miraklegirl
From Gourmet Magazine- July 1996. Easy and delicious.
Top Review by Nunzio's Daughter
Easy, tender, moist and flavorful. One of our daughters who frowns at cooked fish even liked it. Cut way back on the mustard enough just to leave undertones, thought it would be too pronounced with the proportions given. Marinaated for 2 hours. Will definately prepare again.
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons prepared chinese-style hot mustard or 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 (8 ounce) salmon steaks (about 3/4-inch thick)
- Whisk together first three ingredients.
- Transfer 1 tablespoon glaze to small bowl; mix in rice vinegar and set aside.
- Brush 1 side of salmon steaks generously with half of glaze in medium bowl and place salmon steaks, glazed side down, onto barbecue.
- Grill until glaze is slightly charred, about 4 minutes.
- Brush top side of salmon steaks with remaining glaze in medium bowl.
- Turn salmon over and grill until second side is slightly charred and salmon is just opaque in center, about 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer salmon to plates and drizzle reserved glaze in small bowl over salmon and serve.