Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
An easy recipe to make gingerbread men. The amount of cookies you make will depend on the size of the cookie cutters you use.
- Cream shortening and brown sugar together.
- Add molasses, buttermilk, and eggs.
- Blend well and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift flour, ginger, baking soda and salt together.
- Combine this mixture into buttermilk mixture.
- Mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400º for 10 to 12 minutes.