An easy recipe to make gingerbread men. The amount of cookies you make will depend on the size of the cookie cutters you use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening and brown sugar together.
- 2Add molasses, buttermilk, and eggs.
- 3Blend well and set aside.
- 4In a separate mixing bowl, sift flour, ginger, baking soda and salt together.
- 5Combine this mixture into buttermilk mixture.
- 6Mix well, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 7Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 8Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- 9Sprinkle with sugar.
- 10Bake at 400º for 10 to 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Gingerbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 149.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g