Recipe by littleturtle
Great taste. This is an incredibly easy gingerbread recipe, made with butterscotch pudding. If you want to make these a little healthier you can use sugar-free pudding.
Top Review by sugarlovinmom
Love this recipe! Even double, it only makes about 4 dz, though. The dough seems hard and dry after it is chilled, but it will work up great. BTW - I only used a small box of pudding mix per batch (so 2 for a doubled recipe).
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch pudding mix or 1 (6 ounce) package Vegetarian butterscotch pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream pudding and pie filling mix with butter and sugar; add egg, and blend well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon; blend into pudding mixture.
- Chill dough for 1 hour or until firm.
- Roll dough on a floured board to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheets; use a straw to make a hole in the top of the cookie for hanging on the tree, if desired.
- Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Decorate if desired.