Serve this amazing cake with whipped cream. If you prefer an extreme stronger spice flavor then increase all spices by about 1/2 teaspoon. You can even add in raisins to this if you desire. This is taken from my "Holiday Favorites" folder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oeven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease and flour a 9-inch baking dish (knock out any excess flour, can also bake in a 13 x 9-inch pan).
- 4In a bowl sift together flour, baking soda, spices and salt.
- 5In another bowl using an electric mixer beat oil and sugar until well combined (about 4-5 minutes).
- 6Beat in egg and molasses until well combined (about 2 minutes).
- 7Gradually add in flour mixture until combined.
- 8Add in HOT water, beating until smooth.
- 9Transfer batter to prepared baking dish.
- 10Bake for about 40 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- 11Cool on pan for 10 minutes, then invert to a rack to cool.
- 12Serve with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Gingerbread
Serving Size: 1 (1216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3765.1
- Calories from Fat 1061
- Total Fat 117.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 3260.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 648.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 338.3 g
- Protein 39.2 g