This is an easy tasty recipe that can be made in a skillet or in a wok, you can also add in a red bell pepper or some canned drained mushroom slices if desired. To save some time ask your butcher to sliced the meat for you into thin slices. Partially freeze the beef, it will make slicing easier. This recipe will serve 4 small servings, my DS can eat the whole thing himself! I would suggest to double the ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs sirloin beef (partially frozen for easier slicing)
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (can use more)
- 2 -4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 2 -3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sodium-reduced beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 green onions, chopped
- cooked white rice
- 1Slice the beef diagonally across the grain into very thin slices.
- 2Season the beef slices with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat oil in a skillet over high heat; add in ginger and saute for 2 minutes or until tan-coloured.
- 4Add in garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 30 seconds.
- 5Add in beef; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, then add in soy sauce.
- 6In a small cup or bowl stir together beef broth and cornstarch until smooth, then drizzle over the beef in the skillet; cook stirring constantly for 1 minute or until thickened.
- 7Add in green onions and cook for another minute.
- 8Season with more black pepper if desired.
- 9Serve over cook rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Ginger-Lover's Skillet Beef
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.3
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 318.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: