Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is an easy tasty recipe that can be made in a skillet or in a wok, you can also add in a red bell pepper or some canned drained mushroom slices if desired. To save some time ask your butcher to sliced the meat for you into thin slices. Partially freeze the beef, it will make slicing easier. This recipe will serve 4 small servings, my DS can eat the whole thing himself! I would suggest to double the ingredients.
Top Review by Bev
This is a wonderful and very simple solution to ginger beef. If you are skiddish about spiciness, I would suggest you use the lowest amount given for the red pepper. I made this using the full amounts given for all ingredients and we really enjoyed it! Thanks for another wonderful dinner, Kittencal : )
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sirloin beef (partially frozen for easier slicing)
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (can use more)
- 2 -4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 2 -3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sodium-reduced beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 green onions, chopped
- cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the beef diagonally across the grain into very thin slices.
- Season the beef slices with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat; add in ginger and saute for 2 minutes or until tan-coloured.
- Add in garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add in beef; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, then add in soy sauce.
- In a small cup or bowl stir together beef broth and cornstarch until smooth, then drizzle over the beef in the skillet; cook stirring constantly for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Add in green onions and cook for another minute.
- Season with more black pepper if desired.
- Serve over cook rice.