Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
I have no idea where I got this recipe, but it makes a great spice cookie.
- 18 1⁄2 ounces spice cake mix
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- In a large bowl combine cake mix and ginger.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, oil and molasses.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- Dough will be sticky.
- Shape dough into a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Divide dough in half.
- Work with 1 portion of dough at a time.
- Store the other half of dough in refrigerator.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll dough in sugar.
- Place 1 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 14 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets, then remove to wire racks.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough and sugar.