Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve this wonderful ginger, cranberry and peach marmalade with holiday roast turkey or ham, -or- spread on warm buttered toast with a cuppa! Would also be great drizzled over a round of warm brie! Delicious! Quick and easy recipe-- NO canning involved! Makes about 3 cups.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries (or frozen cranberries)
- 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 8 ounces frozen sliced peaches, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
- Stir sugar and 1 cup water in heavy medium saucepan over high heat until sugar dissolves and syrup comes to a boil.
- Add cranberries; return mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer until cranberries burst and sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in ginger; let stand 5 minutes.
- Mix in peaches. Cool.
- Chill at least 2 hours and up to 3 days. Freezes well in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Makes about 3 cups.
- Note: Time does not include chill time.