Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
German gingerbread, from www.quick-german-recipes.com.
Make and share this Easy German Lebkuchen recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml oil
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 78.07 ml honey
- 78.07 ml molasses
- 473.18 ml flour, all-purpose
- 14.79 ml pumpkin pie spice (see comments above)
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml chopped almonds
- 118.29 ml mixed candied fruit or 118.29 ml mixed candied peel, finely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 354.88 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- mixed candied fruit or mixed candied peel, diced for decorating
- •Preheat oven to 350°F.
- •Grease a 15 X 10 X 1-inch baking sheet.
- •In large mixer bowl, beat egg and oil. Add brown sugar and beat well.
- •Add honey and molasses. Mix well.
- •Mix together flour, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda. Add to egg mixture and beat till well mixed.
- •Stir in almonds and candied fruit and peel. Dough will be very thick.
- •Spread in baking pan. Use back of spoon to spread, dipping spoon in water so that dough doesn't stick to spoon.
- •Bake for 15 - 23 minutes or until done.
- •with a sharp knife, score into bars immediately upon removing from oven by just cutting through the top crust.
- •With mixer, in small bowl, beat egg white, powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- •Spread icing over warm bars. Decorate with candied fruit. Cool completely.
- •Cut through completely at the score marks to cut into individual bars.