Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe that was shared on the internet. It is delicious and filling on following salad as a dressing, with boiled, hot potatoes as a side, on hearty bread or as a sandwich filler instead of plain Mayonaise
- 1⁄2 lb fine pork sausage, stiff enough to slice, cut into small cubes (Lyon brand if you can get it)
- 3 medium pickles, cut into small cubes
- 3 -5 stalks fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 -3 stalks fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 mayonnaise (add more if you like more!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- fresh black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 48 hours.
- See serving tips above.
This is right up my alley. We used to get something similar to this at the Shopette when I was in the Army. Their version used the end pieces from meats and cheeses and I think used sour cream. This is actually better perhaps just because of the use of fresh herbs. Whatever. Love it! Made for ZWT 6.