Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This cake is surprisingly moist without being too rich or heavy and it is very easy to make. Enjoy!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (or as called for by cake mix)
- 3 large eggs (or as called for by cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by cake mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2⁄3 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- Bake cake mix as directed.
- Remove from oven.
- Using a fork, poke holes all over top of cake.
- pour sweentened condensed milk over cake, spread evenly.
- pour carmel topping over cake, spread evenly.
- refrigerate until completely cooled.
- spread cool whip over top of cake.
- combine coconut and pecan pieces.
- Sprinkle evenly over top.
Really good - and just what I was craving - a moist rich chocolate cake that didn't require too much work - THANKS!
This was a great alternative to normal german choc cake - which I can't stand because of the coconut. I made it exactly as written, and sprinkled toasted coconut, toffee pieces and chocolate sprinkles on top - it was a huge hit at my office!
Can I give this one a perfect "10" OMG this is absolutely one of the best cakes that we've ever tasted and I've made plenty of cakes in my time. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. I did the cool whip and heath bar pieces next time I will try the coconut and pecans. Again many many thanks. :-)