Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This cake is surprisingly moist without being too rich or heavy and it is very easy to make. Enjoy!
Make and share this Easy German Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (or as called for by cake mix)
- 3 large eggs (or as called for by cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by cake mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2⁄3 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- Bake cake mix as directed.
- Remove from oven.
- Using a fork, poke holes all over top of cake.
- pour sweentened condensed milk over cake, spread evenly.
- pour carmel topping over cake, spread evenly.
- refrigerate until completely cooled.
- spread cool whip over top of cake.
- combine coconut and pecan pieces.
- Sprinkle evenly over top.
Really good - and just what I was craving - a moist rich chocolate cake that didn't require too much work - THANKS!
This was a great alternative to normal german choc cake - which I can't stand because of the coconut. I made it exactly as written, and sprinkled toasted coconut, toffee pieces and chocolate sprinkles on top - it was a huge hit at my office!
Can I give this one a perfect "10" OMG this is absolutely one of the best cakes that we've ever tasted and I've made plenty of cakes in my time. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. I did the cool whip and heath bar pieces next time I will try the coconut and pecans. Again many many thanks. :-)