1/4 Photos of Easy German Beef Roulade
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Traditional German beef roll, most always stuffed with dill pickles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten meat to about a 10x8 rectangle.
- 2Spread with mustard.
- 3In large skillet on medium high heat, cook bacon and onion til bacon is crisp.
- 4Pour off fat reserving 1/4 cup in skillet.
- 5Spread bacon mix over meat.
- 6Sprinkle pickle on top.
- 7Roll up meat from short end and secure with string or turkey pins.
- 8Place meat roll in skillet over medium high heat in reserved bacon fat and brown on all sides.
- 9Remove to 13x9 baking dish.
- 10Stir flour into fat in skillet and blend until smooth, gradually stirring in beef broth.
- 11Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- 12Pour sauce over beef roll.
- 13Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
- 14Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 15Skim fat from sauce, strain and serve with meat.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy German Beef Roulade
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.1
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 97.2 mg
- Sodium 438.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 33.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: