Recipe by E.A.
This is a simple recipe. You can have it on rice, pasta, or with a nice loaf of bread to soak up the juices. All you need is a salad and you'll have a great dinner!!
Top Review by Out of the Blue
I've made this recipe twice already. The first time, I followed the instructions exactly and it was wonderful. The second time, as DH wanted more "sauce," I added 2/3 of a cup of white wine rather than 1/3 and a teaspoon of basil. We enjoyed both versions of the recipe. It's quick to make and the taste is wonderful. Will be enjoyed many more times in this household.
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb peeled deveined shrimp, rinsed (26 to 30)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 10 to 12 inch frying pan over medium high heat, stir garlic in olive oil just until it begins to turn gold, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir until almost completely pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine, parsley, and hot chili flakes and stir often until shrimp are barely opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part, about a minute (cut to test).
- Add salt to taste.
- Pour into a serving dish or individual bowls.