Prep 35 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This is really simple, but surprisingly good. The chicken is somewhat garlicky and tangy because of the lime juice, but it is not too strong-tasting. It goes great with mashed potatoes and corn muffins.
- 59.14 ml lime juice
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper generously, and add chicken, making sure it is well-coated with the marinade. Marinate chicken, covered in fridge for at least 3 hours and preferably overnight. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Arrange chicken breasts in a shallow baking pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and roast for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear when you prick it with a fork.
Easy is an understatement! We had guests for dinner last night and this was a hit with everyone. I substituted lemon juice for the lime (can't find the stuff locally) and grilled them outside on the BBQ. Served it with some plain seasoned couscous and a veggie-laden salad.
BF and I both think "Lime" should be in the title of this recipe. What wonderful flavor the fresh lime juice adds. I marinated all night as suggested and baked (not grilled as the others had.) Wonderful dish! Followed directions exactly. Served with garlic green beans and some cheesy potatoes.
Awesome. I marinated them for about 30 hours and they were so tasty!!!! I have to admit that I cooked them in the microwave. . .yes the microwave. . .for 11 minutes on power level 7, turning half way. They were super moist and juicy. On top of that, they produced a wonderful chicken broth that I thickened up with cornstarch and used as a sauce. OMG it was so good! Next time I will have some mushrooms and capers ready to throw in my sauce. A true keeper!