Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick, easy chicken recipe for days when you don't want to spend time in the kitchen. Even finicky people will eat it. Goes great with traditional potatoes or rice. As it bakes, the garlic and sugar will melt into a sweet glaze. Customize with your favorite herbs or spices. After many comments, I have reduced the temperature at which to cook the chicken. I have also added instructions to wrap your baking sheet or casserole dish in aluminum foil for easier clean-up.
- Preheat oven to 450°F Line a baking dish or cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray or lightly brush with oil.
- In small sauté pan, sauté garlic with the oil until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Add additional herbs and spices as desired.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. .Place breasts in a prepared baking dish and cover with the garlic and brown sugar mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes, or until juices run clear. Cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken.
The basics were there for this recipe, and with the help of some of the comments, we had a lovely, easy weekday dinner! Used 3 tbsp brown sugar instead of 4, browned the chicken in butter beforehand, added a splash of cooking sherry and chicken stock, plus parsley flakes, oregano, basil and thyme, cooked at 425 F for 20 minutes and broiled for about 5-10 minutes more. Topped with more parsley flakes and fresh ground pepper and it was great.
Easy and tasty. Even easier clean-up by lining baking dish with tinfoil. Great :)
This recipe has the right idea just needs a little tweeking.
It was a little dry.
I sauted the garlic in butter and 3 tbs of soy sauce.
Remove from heat and add 1/2 the amount of brown sugar suggested. I added a touch of ginger.
Pour half over chicken and broil for 10 mins.
This is much more tender when you broil it.
After 10 mins pour remaining mixture over top and broil til garlic starts to brown.