Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Slight variant on some other recipes that I really enjoyed.
- 500 g bread mix for the bread machine
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet yeast
- 3 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, finely diced
- Mix garlic, basil and parmesan with the amount of water recommended for the bread mix / machine.
- Cook bread mix and yeast in normal manner adding the above mixture at the step water is added (normally first).
Peter this is superb! I used my own wheat bread mix and added in the garlic and basil from my garden and fresh from the market Parmesan cheese. Used my bread machine to make 1 loaf for a spaghetti dinner and made rolls from the second dough made in bread machine but removed to make rolls. I made 6 large rolls. Served this with Italian sausage, onions, and peppers for the guys when they came home from logging. LOVED them. Soft on the inside and crusty good on the inside. Saving this for future recipe to use 1/2 and 1/2 white and wheat for a less dense bread so hubby can have it for sandwiches or a great panini sandwich and soup dinner. Made for AUS/NZ Swap 80
I made this yesterday and created my own mix by using whole wheat pastry flour, adding in salt, sugar, butter and the water. The bread has a to die for aroma when preparing. The bread machine was used for the dough and then it was formed into a loaf and baked in a loaf pan in the oven. Made for *Aussie Swap May 2009*
Mmmmmm...nothing beats freshly baked warm bread. I loved the flavor of the herbs and Parmesan cheese. I used the dough cycle on my bread machine and then took the dough out and placed it in a loaf pan. I covered it with a dampened towel and let it raise for about 45 minutes. Then baked it in the oven so that it would have a more natural loaf shape. Thanks for another great recipe, Peter J. Made for March, 2009 Aussie/NZ Swap.