1/1 Photo of Easy Garlic and Basil Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Jen T's Note:
Found this in among my torn from magazines recipes. I served it with a mix of steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with cheese sauce and pan fried potato slices. Would also go well with a simple tossed green salad and tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 single chicken breasts
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter (at room temp,soft but not melted)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (use more if you like)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (I use Rice Bran Oil here in New Zealand)
- 1Pre heat the oven to 180'C/350'F.
- 2Mix together until well combined the butter, basil and garlic.
- 3Cut a deep cut along each chicken breast to make a pocket.
- 4Fill pockets with the butter mixture, pressing in well.
- 5Carefully dip each breast into the beaten egg and then into the dried breadcrumbs, pressing on well.
- 6You can now either leave on a flat plate in fridge for 20 mins or longer to set crumbs or cook straight away depending on what time you have.
- 7Heat oil in a non stick pan over medium high heat and fry the chicken breasts for 2-3 mins each side or until golden brown.
- 8Remove from pan and place in a baking paper lined shallow baking dish and bake in oven for about 10 mins until cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Garlic and Basil Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.5
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 160.9 mg
- Sodium 347.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 35.5 g