Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
When I was a kid my grandmother always made this. This is a hard fudge, which I like much better than traditional fudge. A family favorite!
- 3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Mix sugar and cocoa in a large saucepan.
- Add milk and stir over medium heat.
- Stir frequently for 25-30 minutes, until the mixture bubbles up and goes back down. Stir constantly for the last 10 minutes.
- Once thick, remove from stove and add vanilla (and nuts if desired).
- Put pan into a few inches of cold water and beat for a few minutes.
- Pour onto buttered plate, cut quickly and serve.
I tried this however fudge as I do remember the same as a child, but it didn't turn out the same as I remember. shucks, I will try it again and cook it longer.