Recipe by flower7
I just created this to use some lamb chops that I bought spur-of-the-moment. I thought they came out fantastic and had to share! Hope you enjoy too!
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Powzawee! This is a *WONDERFUL* use of a lamb chop. I would give it 10 *stars* if I could. So easy, yet so tasty I had the whole family and then some wondering what all the *hoopla* was about. Truly, sincerely flower7 you have a great recipe going. I had just made some fresh blackberry jam, so used this along with some (just a tad bit) of balsamic vinegar mixture and (the only change cause' it is so hot) I grilled these outside on the grill. Perfect, rare and totally delicious. Would not even think of doing this differently ~ because this is so good. Please try this bake it, fry it, but put the sauce on, you will love it! Thanks so much! Made for *SSC Pet Parade* July 2008.
- 4 lamb loin chops, about 1 inch thick
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- coarse salt, to taste
- 6 teaspoons red currant jam or 6 teaspoons blackberry jam
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 1.5-qt. casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Salt and pepper one side of chops, to taste.
- Place chops in prepared dish, seasoned side down and with the thick rib toward the center.
- Season the other side of the chops to taste.
- Spread about 1 1/2 tsp of jam on each chop. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Bake, uncovered, to desired doneness, about 25 minutes for rare. Add additional time if you like your chops cooked more.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving. Spoon vinegar & juices from pan over chops when serving.